History of the Kangaroo Ground General Store
Kangaroo Ground Store
In 1885 the original ‘Kangaroo Ground General Store’ was the seller of Groceries, Ironmongery, Drapery, Boots and Bonedust until it burned down on New Years Eve 1898. It was rebuilt in 1899 and re-named ‘Kangaroo Ground Supply Store’, a name it still bears today. It housed the Post Office from 1904 until 2006 when the Post Office moved over the road to a new home in Kings of Kangaroo Ground winery.